Happy Father’s Day!
I’ve been trying to think of a Father’s Day recipe for weeks. What always comes to mind is something beefy and hearty. Except it’s been too hot to cook anything like that.
I made this dish yesterday because we had lots of summer squash and zucchini. I used my new Veggetti spiral cutter that I love. Alexander has so much fun using it.
We cut up our vegetables and I sautéed them with fresh basil from our plant we started 4 weeks ago.
It was so easy and fast.
Much to my surprise, my husband loved it. He normally prefers stews. He ate seconds and then thirds. So here you have it Dads, my recipe for a heart healthy tasty vegetable spaghetti.
Avec Amour, Victoria and Alexander
Summer Squash and Zucchini Basil Thyme Spaghetti
Yield – 4 Servings
2 Summer Squash, large
3 Zucchini, medium
1 Onion, large
2 Tablespoons Fresh Basil chiffonade
1 Tablespoon Fresh Thyme
1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
1. Cut squash
with spiral cutter, (if you don’t have a spiral cutter just cut into thin slices) cut onions thinly on the vertical.
2. In a 2 quart sauce pan heat olive oil over medium high heat, sautée onions until golden brown,
add vegetables, basil, thyme and salt,
stir occasionally for about 5 minutes or until desired doneness.
- 2 Summer Squash, large
- 3 Zucchini, medium
- 1 Onion, large
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Basil chiffonade
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Thyme
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Cut squash and zucchini with a spiral cutter, slice onions thinly.
- In a 2 quart sauce pan heat olive oil over medium high heat, sautée onions until golden brown, add vegetables, basil, thyme and salt, stir occasionally for about 5 minutes or until desired doneness.