Happy Mother’s Day!
I am sure every Mom would love to have breakfast in bed. These mini muffins would be great with some butter and strawberry preserves. A glass of orange juice and an omelet with feta cheese, black olives, tomatoes and onions would go nicely with them too. Just a hint Alexander.
My tried and true corn bread recipe I always felt was not sweet enough so I didn’t want to cut out too much sugar from the recipe. Instead I cut out a small amount and substituted blueberry honey for almost half of the sugar.
Clover honey is just as good, but I find the blueberry honey is sweeter and has a floral note I like.
Alexander and I went to the Queens Botanical Garden for the Arbor Day festival. It was a beautiful day with a glorious blue sky and I wanted to share our pictures today as the last few days have been gray and dreary.
Aver Amour, Victoria & Alexander
P.S. Make sure you check out our video on YouTube – Alexandersmom.com Making Moussaka
Alexandersmom.com Making Moussaka
Please click on ? if you like the video!
Sweet Honey Mini Corn Muffins
Yield – 52 mini muffins
2 1/2 Cups Cornmeal
2 Cups All Purpose Flour
1/3 Cup Sugar
1/4 Cup Blueberry or Clover Honey
1 teaspoon Salt
2 Tablespoons Baking Powder
2 Eggs, large
3/4 Cups Canola Oil
1 Cup No Fat Greek Yogurt
1 Cup Milk
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray mini muffins tin with non stick baking spray. Stir together dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
2. Whisk together the honey, eggs,
oil and milk in a smaller mixing bowl until combined.
Whisk in yogurt.
3. Pour liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients
and stir together until combined.
4. Scoop batter into mini muffin tin.
Bake for 11 – 12 minutes until edge is golden brown.
Let cool at least 15 minutes then remove from tin.
I recommend these fresh from the oven. If you don’t want to use all the batter at once, it freezes wonderfully up to 2 months. Just defrost in the refrigerator overnight and bake.
- 2 1/2 Cups Cornmeal
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Blueberry or Clover Honey
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Baking Powder
- 2 Eggs, large
- 3/4 Cups Canola Oil
- 1 Cup No Fat Greek Yogurt
- 1 Cup Milk
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray mini muffin tin with non stick baking spray. Stir together dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk together the honey, eggs, oil and milk in a smaller mixing bowl until combined. Whisk in yogurt.
- Pour liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir together until combined.
- Scoop batter into mini muffin tin. Bake for 11 - 12 minutes until edge is golden brown. Let cool at least 15 minutes then remove from tin.
I recommend these fresh from the oven. If you don't want to use all the batter at once, it freezes wonderfully up to 2 months. Just defrost in the refrigerator overnight and bake.
©Alexandersmom.com. All Rights Reserved
13 thoughts on “Happy Mother’s Day – Sweet Honey Mini Corn Muffins”
Hey there! Someone in my Myspace group shared this website with us so I came to
check it out. I’m definitely loving the information. I’m bookmarking and will
be tweeting this to my followers! Terrific blog and brilliant design.
Wow thank you so much for your encouraging comments! So glad to know you like it.
It’s an amazing post designed for all the internet people; they
will take benefit from it I am sure.
Thank you for your response! Certainly hope it catches on and people like our recipes.
Hello! I’m at work browsing your blog from my new iphone 3gs!
Just wanted to say I love reading through your blog and
look forward to all your posts! Keep up the fantastic work!
Thank’s great post.
I couldn’t resist commenting. Perfectly written!
I couldn’t resist commenting. Exceptionally well written!
Hello there! I simply desire to offer you a big thumbs up for your great info you’ve got here with this
post. I will be returning to your internet site to get more
Thank you so much!