Happy Labor Day Weekend!
I hope everyone gets a chance to have a picnic this weekend and here is the perfect recipe for a fast chicken salad.
Has this happened to you?
You go to the grocery store, your son swears he’s going to eat the rotisserie chicken you would rather not get. Then you think ok why not save myself from cooking on a hot night.
Only the chicken is tasteless and your 4 year old refuses to eat any.
If it was winter, I’d turn it into Chicken soup.
Instead Chicken Salad for a picnic to enjoy the last days of summer.
I put my little chef to work pulling all the chicken off the carcass. We made our salad together using things he likes, green grapes, pomegranate seeds and fresh dill. Viola a beautiful salad served with lemonade and pickles.
Avec Amour, Victoria and Alexander
Left-Over Rotisserie Chicken Salad
Yield – 4 Servings
2 Cups Shredded or Cubed Chicken left-over from a rotisserie chicken
3 Tablespoon Mayonnaise
1/2 Cup Chopped Celery
1/4 Cup Chopped Scallions
1/2 teaspoon Fresh Dill
Pinch of Kosher Salt
1 Cup Green Grapes sliced in half
1/4 Cup Pomegranate Seeds
1 Tomato, large diced
Red or Green Leaf Lettuce, or Boston Lettuce
1. Mix together chicken and mayonnaise, add celery, scallions, dill and salt and chill.
2. Assemble salad in plastic container ready to take on picnic, cover bottom with a layer of lettuce and diced tomatoes, cover with chicken salad, add grapes and sprinkle over top pomegranate seeds.
The Chef relaxing at his picnic, after a hard morning in the kitchen and fighting Darth Vader.
- 2 Cups Shredded or Cubed Chicken left-over from a rotisserie chicken
- 3 Tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Celery
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Scallions
- 1/2 teaspoon Fresh Dill
- Pinch of Kosher Salt
- 1 Cup Green Grapes sliced in half
- 1/4 Cup Pomegranate Seeds
- 1 Tomato, large diced
- Red or Green Leaf Lettuce, or Boston Lettuce
- Mix together chicken and mayonnaise, add celery, scallions, dill and salt and chill.
- Assemble salad in plastic container ready to take on picnic, cover bottom with a layer of lettuce and diced tomatoes, cover with chicken salad, add grapes and sprinkle over top pomegranate seeds.
6 thoughts on “Left-Over Rotisserie Chicken Salad”
This looks delicious. I will be fixing this recipe soon.
Thank you! Hope you love it!
Dukes mayonnaise, Baby!! Southeners know from mayo & its nothin’ if it ain’t Dukes!
Never had it before! Have to try some next time down south.
they now sell Duke’s at a lot of Walmarts. We have it in Pennsylvania store
Thanks for the information! Please keep coming back and checking out our recipes.