I love Carrot Cake!
For many of my birthdays over the last several decades, my Mom has gotten my birthday Carrot Cake from the Runcible Spoon Bakery in Nyack, NY including schlepping it into NYC. (Yes even though I am a Pastry Chef. Why? Because I don’t want to make my own birthday cake.)
I served Carrot Cake at every Sunday brunch for almost 15 years and have literally made hundreds. I’ve made it with raisins or currants and pecans or walnuts. Some with orange zest or a hint of ginger.
I wanted to make some this past week though for Alexander to bring into his class for Teacher Appreciation week. So first off No Nuts. Second I’ve been wanting to try it with golden raisins, a hint of cinnamon and of course less sugar.
It was so good, I made it again the next day to bring to a workshop I was attending. Rave reviews all around!
Avec Amour, Victoria & Alexander
Golden Raisin Carrot Cake Mini Muffins (No Nuts)
Yield – 50 Mini Muffins
1 Cup Canola Oil
3/4 Cup Sugar
3/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar
3 Eggs, large
3/4 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
3 Cups Carrots, grated
1 3/4 Cups All Purpose Flour
4 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
3/4 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
3/4 Cup Golden Raisins
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl whisk together oil, sugars and eggs,
whisk in salt and vanilla,
switch to a rubber spatula and stir in grated carrots.
2. Rehydrate raisins by covering with water in a microwaveable container, microwave for two minutes, strain and dry off excess water with paper towels. In a medium size mixing bowl stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon,
stir flour mixture into carrot mixture,
fold in golden raisins.
3. Spray a mini muffin pan lightly with non stick cooking spray, line with mini muffin papers, scoop batter into paper almost to the top or with a 3/4 oz ice cream scoop,
bake 13 – 14 minutes until golden brown on edges.
- 1 Cup Canola Oil
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 3 Eggs, large
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 Cups Carrots, grated
- 1 3/4 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 4 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 3/4 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 3/4 Cup Golden Raisins
4 thoughts on “Golden Raisin Carrot Cake Mini Muffins (No Nuts) from Alexandersmom.com”
Yum! That looks amazing.
Your son is going to have wonderful memories, not to mention abundant skills!
Thank you so much!!!❤️ I’m sorry I missed your message until now. I hope you are well!
Will try soon, also love the carrot cake, thank you for sharing.
Thank you so much for checking us out! I hope you like it!